*This post is not for a position at IDEO, but for a position with our client Narrative Science.
In a nutshell:
IDEO is partnering with our client, Narrative Science, to help them find a Director of Product Design. They are in search of a human-centered designer who will define and implement design processes, develop and inspire a team to do their best work, and help Narrative Science bring their vision and strategy to market.
Why is this role important to Narrative Science?
As the Director of Product Design, you will make the most significant impact by defining the product and developing a small team. You will have the opportunity to collaborate on solving some of the most interesting and rewarding UX challenge out there. Your thought leadership will help define and implement new design processes for Narrative Science’s Natural Language Generation technology.
What does Narrative Science offer you?
Narrative Science lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, where the two come together to make each other better. By maximizing the impact of data, they help organizations unleash their greatest potential.
Narrative Science is the leader in advanced natural language generation (Advanced NLG) for the enterprise. Quill, their Advanced NLG platform, learns and writes like a person, automatically transforming data into Intelligent Narratives—insightful, conversational communications full of audience-relevant information that provide complete visibility into how analytic decisions are made.
Relevant experience and mindset:
- 3-5+ years experience developing and growing a design team
- 5-10+ years of professional UX/UI design experience for web or desktop applications
- Understanding of hypothesis-driven design, including the design research process (qualitative interviews, focus groups, moderation, and information synthesis) and design-thinking principles
- Experience with Sketch/Illustrator and/or Photoshop (or equivalent)
- Expertise with user interface design patterns and methodologies
- Proven ability of user testing and related methodologies/tools
- Expertise with wireframing/prototyping tools (Axure, Balsamiq, or equivalent)
- Familiarity with design sprints and the agile process
Nice to have:
- A Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in a related field
- Experience with designing enterprise application/platform tools
- Experience with developing BI/Data Management tools
Question for you:
What has been your most significant moment of learning from bringing a product to market?
As the Director of Product Design, you have the opportunity for you to:
- Be at the helm of a Design team in a fast-growing company with a lot of fantastic work ahead. You are a self-starter as well as someone deeply invested in and excited about the mission of Narrative Science.
- Optimize, operationalize and inspire a team of talented individuals towards a shared mission
- Ensure the success of our next-generation NLG platform by overseeing the creation of world-class, user-centered designs through consideration of market research, product requirements, customer feedback, and usability study findings
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and prototypes (either by coding or with tools like Axure, Balsamiq, etc.) to communicate your ideas to your org and the company-at-large
- Oversee detailed user-interface specifications and style guide
- Prioritize project work for the team
- Define goals and metrics for the sake of data-driven design iterations
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio or samples of work directly, to https://www.ideo.com/jobs/1204926?gh_jid=1204926