We are looking for a usability geek with a strong interest in health communication and designing for behavior change. You have knowledge of usability best practices and experience with a variety of usability research methods, and you stay abreast of developments in the field. You have conducted in-person and remote usability studies with diverse audiences. You are an experienced moderator who is passionate about the user-centered design process. You are able to evaluate a variety of products — from full websites to interactive tools to mobile apps. You excel at translating usability research findings into meaningful content strategy and product development recommendations. You enjoy working independently and collaboratively, have experience giving and receiving feedback, and have outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail. You are passionate about making health information easier to understand and use.
- Degree in a related field such as human-computer interaction, information design, or other related social science
- At least 3 to 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience conducting usability research with diverse audiences, including moderating and creating recommendations
- Demonstrated effectiveness in a usability researcher task lead role, with an ability to establish and document processes
- Experience working with writers, graphic designers, and web developers
- Experience drafting and finalizing client-facing reports and deliverables
- Familiarity with best practices in usability and UX design
- Ability to “think on your feet” and come up with creative and appropriate solutions
- Ability to work well in teams with other highly-qualified professionals in a relaxed, culturally diverse environment
- Masters degree in human-computer interaction, information design, or other closely-related social science
- 5 or more years of directly relevant experience
- Experience evaluating content and tools in the health care or public health sector
- Familiarity with federal plain language guidelines and Section 508 compliance
- Experience developing products for audiences with limited (health) literacy skills
CommunicateHealth is a mission-based consulting company that helps public and private sector organizations simplify health information. We design health care services, personal health tools, public health and emergency communications, and innovative interactive media. We employ a talented team of plain language writers, communication researchers, designers, developers, and usability specialists dedicated to creating health information and services that are attractive and easy to use. We’re committed to making a difference in the world and in the lives of our employees. Check us out at www.communicatehealth.com.
This is a full-time salaried position. We offer highly competitive salaries and full benefits.
CommunicateHealth is committed to workplace diversity and providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees.
As federal contractors, we are required to ask applicants to submit a voluntary Demographics form, at www.communicatehealth.com/company/contact/. No personnel selections are made based on this information.