How We Approach Design at MicroStrategy:
We're shifting to a design-centric culture, where walls are being replaced with video screens, where AirPlay is king, and "genius bars" for open collaboration are all around the office.
We tend to hire full-stack UX designers, who can span across Interaction Design, Information Architecture, Usability and Visual Design. What this provides you is a full scope immersion into product development and enhancement, making your career more robust. We look for experience primarily in software UX, web application development and/or mobile app development. Enterprise-level experience is always attractive.
Our UX/UI Designers works closely with program managers, engineers, and other fellow designers to build the next generation of interactive designs to support our multiple platforms. At MicroStrategy, Senior UX/UI Designers weave iconography, typography, color, space and texture together to help our users successfully navigate our products. We believe that all of our products should be beautiful and accessible, and should always have the user in mind
As a UX/UI designer, you’ll delight users with designs that inspire, engage and excite them. You’ll rely on user-centered design principles to produce high-quality visuals—from concept to execution—across many platforms. Successful designers will have a passion for design, a strong appreciation for user-centric design, a love of technology and excellent communication skills.
You should also bring the following:
- Bachelor or advanced degree preferred
- Excellent knowledge of tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and other design tools required
- 5+ years of demonstrable experience in software graphic design preferably in a commercial or consumer focused software development enterprise
- Ability to create UX wireframes, logical workflows a big plus
- Ability to create information architecture diagrams
- Understanding the principles of user-centered design, and a keen eye
- Experience creating interaction specifications and functional prototypes
- Experience working with back-end engineers in an Agile environment
- Experience creating images for use in web-based software applications and mobile devices desirable
- Ability to create icons, layouts and color schemes to use with our demo applications and software
- Strong analytical and communication skills. Must be able to learn new technologies and the domain space very quickly and present ideas in a team setting
- Must have the eagerness to constantly strive to innovate and the ability to initiate discussions regarding new ideas
- Team-oriented individual, positive attitude, energetic, result & delivery oriented, keen interest on quality and intense attention to detail
How People Would Describe You
Motivation, Innovation, Passion, Integrity, Teamwork, Customer-Focus.
Our Interview Process:
- Portfolio review
- Phone Interview (with recruiter and design lead)
- eSkill Assessment
- Onsite (or Skype) Interviews
- Lead the design of both web and mobile applications that deliver consistently engaging and delightful experiences that are simple to use and elegant
- Present the user interface visually so information is easy to read, understand and find
- Exceptionally effective communicator with design team, product management team, and software engineers capable of thriving with remote and on-premises dynamics
- Capable of working in a fast paced iterative lean design environment
- Create a product style guideline and lead visual consistency
401k, vacation, medical/dental/vision, hackathons