Drive superior creative design and information architecture that creates a rich, engaging and highly intuitive customer experience for ncl.com's global platform on the device type of our guest's choice. Conceptualize and communicate ideas while working in a collaborative environment consisting of internal team members and external agency partners.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in UI Design, Graphic Design, Multi-Media, or related field of study; or any equivalent combination of relevant background, skills and experience.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 5 years in user interface design with experience in designing usable web-based interfaces, with mass-market consumer products and ecommerce site. Minimum 3 years designing in an interactive, global, multiple device type environment. Online travel experience or eCommerce experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS: Fluent in HTML, HTML5, CSS, Java Script. Possess outstanding knowledge of Macromedia Dreamweaver, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) and prototyping tools (Axure,Invision, OmniGraffle). Strong background in interaction design, user-centered design, information architecture, and usability.
Self-starter with ability to effectively communicate and express ideas and concepts to stakeholders via presentations and meetings. Ability to storyboard, create wireframes, prototypes and run usability tests. Time management and organizational skills to meet deadlines with limited supervision. Ability to effectively enforce graphic design standards/guidelines across the e-commerce team. Requires some off hours production support on an ad-hoc basis.
Please include a portfolio.
- Work collaboratively with product managers and web developers on design, specification and implementation. Create wireframes, design artifacts, and prototypes for initiatives requiring user experience design to drive bookings or leads or other business value on ncl.com global responsive platform.
- Coordinate product requirements with business and technology project teams and ensure UI design requirements and efforts are accurately developed and communicated to project teams.
- Provide analysis of complex user and business workflows and requirements.
- Participate in task/user workflow analysis (current and future) to gain understanding of the user's tasks and behaviors.
- Perform user experience design testing to validate user interface design of developed applications against UI specifications and navigation diagrams.
- Employ customer research and usability studies to define focus.
- Maintain technical knowledge around customer User Centered Design practices, use of templates and components, and prototype process.
- Enforce and apply design look and feel, color scheme, branding, graphics, iconography, typography, task flow, interactions and navigation to all work.
- Help to identify key opportunities to leverage new and existing technologies in support of distribution and marketing initiatives.
- Incorporate feedback from customer touch-points including e-mail, blogs and focus groups specific to B2C product objectives.
- Analyze third party research to spot emerging B2C opportunities and trends.
- Work with technical quality assurance professionals to ensure testing is completed and product is working as designed.
- Perform other job related functions as assigned.