Command Alkon is bringing innovative technologies and systems to the concrete, asphalt and building materials industry globally. Our technology helps our customers improve the efficiency and quality of the foundation of where we live, work and play. Think about the roads you traveled on, the building where you work and the home where you live, the airport runway, the parks where you relax, and the courts where you play basketball – all made from concrete and asphalt. What we do best is combine next-gen technologies with over 40 years of industry expertise. We are not a “here today; gone tomorrow” software company, we will be here for a long time and a good foundation for your career…. like concrete.
Command Alkon is seeking a User Experience Manager for our location in Birmingham, AL.
The UX Manager will be responsible for leading the user-centered usability and design of a new cloud-based application suite. The UX Manager will have a true passion about the power of user experience to transform an application from functional to amazing!
Who you are
- 5 years of experience designing enterprise applications, preferably involving multiple products and teams.
- 4 years of experience directly in user experience design; certification a plus, such as CUA (Certified Usability Analyst), CXA (Certified User Experience Analyst), UXC (User Experience Certification), or UXMC (User Experience Master Certification).
- 2 years or more experience managing departments or teams of people.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Psychology, or related field preferred. Master’s degree preferred.
- Up to 25% travel, as needed.
What you’ll bring
- Strong verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
- Strong problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective working relationships with internal cross-functional teams and external customer teams in a variety of domestic and international offices.
- Ability to closely collaborate in an agile environment on a scrum team.
- Reliable, dependable, and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Experience with user experience design with B2B enterprise applications.
- Portfolio includes user experience applications.
- Portfolio includes software design applications.
- Proficient in graphic design applications.
- Understanding of modern, web-based language stacks.
- Marketing experience a plus.
What you’ll do
The UX Manager will accept a strategic role working with executives, product management, solution architecture and scrum teams as serve as an internal advisor and advocate to create and maintain a user-centered design approach for excellent software design.
You will conceptualize and communicate ideas that promote simplicity for complex business processes.
The UX Manager will work with product management and scrum teams, conduct and lead initial user research, feedback evaluation and continuous workflow/feature/product acceptance testing along each stage of development, providing feedback and guidance for areas to drive user experience improvements in the new cloud-based application suite.
You will establish and promote a new standard product design and design guidelines as well as design best practices and standards, increasing user experience and design knowledge throughout the organization.
The UX Manager will collaborate closely with product management and development scrum teams and user interface designers to define and implement the graphical elements of the new application suite, as well as to make as needed improvements to the foundational products.
The UX Manager will produce and help scrum team members produce wireframes, sketches, prototypes, and functional mock-ups (as needed) to communicate concepts to internal developers and external customers.
Lastly, you will manage a User Experience team and budget.
Why work for Command Alkon?
Command Alkon, voted one of Birmingham’s Best Places to Work in 2016 and 2017, is the global leader for over 40 years in integrated technology solutions for the concrete and heavy building materials industry because of the committed relationship we have with our employees and our customers. Headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, Command Alkon has over 600 employees worldwide with offices in Kansas, Ohio, Illinois, Utah, California, Malaysia, Brazil, Canada, England, France, India and the Netherlands.
For more information about us and our products, visit http://www.commandalkon.com.
Command Alkon strives to be an employer of choice, offering a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Casual dress code
- Generous family medical and dental insurance plans
- Company-paid life insurance, short term disability and long term disability insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Free soft drinks and hot beverages
Find out more at https://commandalkon.silkroad.com/commandalkonext/Benefits.html.
Command Alkon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.