Discover. Innovate. Collaborate. Inform. A few words we use to describe a career at OCLC.
OCLC, a worldwide library services organization headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, is a leader in information technologies and innovative online services. With office locations around the globe, OCLC employees are dedicated to offering premier services and software to help libraries cut costs while keeping pace with the demands of our information-driven society.
The Senior User Experience Researcher will be responsible for designing, conducting, analyzing, and interpreting user research to ensure the user experience of our library software solutions will be the best in the industry and working in cross-functional environments with User Experience Designers, Product Management, Global Engineering, Global Marketing and Business Development.
- 5-7 years of experience in the industry designing and conducting research studies, analyzing data, creating meaningful and actionable results, and working successfully with teams to act on and internalize those results.
- 5-7 years of experience with generating and executing research plans, coordinating work on multiple projects.
- Thorough knowledge of User Experience and Usability research techniques.
- Ability to translate business needs and research requests into research goals and tasks.
- Proven track record using research to impact product direction and vision.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to drive product improvements.
Desired but not required:
- An MA/MS or Ph.D. in a research related field such as statistics, marketing, social sciences, experimental psychology, human factors or the equivalent is preferred.
- Conduct in depth research into our user base to better understand their behaviors, wants, and needs; perform studies to improve the usability of OCLC products and services. Ensure OCLC product teams are creating an end-to-end satisfactory user experience for both customers and users.
- Plan and drive usability and user research to understand where OCLC services should be improved.
- Provide user research and usability research support on key OCLC projects. Work with User Experience Designers to coordinate and execute research. Independently plan, conduct, and report on studies and make recommendations to improve the usability of features, functionality, and product offerings.
- Create and maintain personas based on targeted user groups for products.
- Champion and evangelize research with the organization.
- Demonstrate excellence in user research process, communication, and industry leading research techniques.
- Create strong working relationships and work cross functionally with all key product owners, including UX design, UI Design, product management, and development teams.
- Strong decision-making abilities. Must be able to take research findings and make recommendations and suggestions for improvements to OCLC products and offerings.
- When research is needed as part of a project, participate in the agile team daily meetings and planning during the time that research is needed. Coordinate with team to plan, execute, and deliver results within the project schedule.
Competitive salary, medical coverage, ongoing training, pensions, paid holidays and vacation time, life and disability insurance. OCLC cares about its employees and their families. We will provide you with a rewarding career and a job with an outstanding benefit package