Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a User Experience Designer to join the Legrand North America Team in West Hartford, CT.
Are you interested in being a part of an international design team that is driving design and innovation at a strategic level? Do you want to be empowered to execute great designs and redefine multiple product categories? Do you want to help drive a design organization’s future and new user experiences?
Legrand has a great opportunity for the right individual to help shape the future of how people interact with their homes and offices. This is a key position that will drive new and innovative user experiences within diverse contexts and across multiple platforms. Join an international Design team with groups in France, Italy, India and China and help shape the vision of a global leader in building management and home automation products from the perspective of the end user. Drive end user research activities in order to guide and test your innovations against real world requirements. Deliver storyboards, user profiles, personas, wireframes, and prototypes that create meaningful customer journeys that help Legrand continue to lead.
The position of User Experience Designer is located at our North American headquarters in West Hartford, CT. In this role, the User Experience Designer will support the development of highly differentiated User Experiences and graphical user interfaces across multiple platforms, brands and products for residential and commercial applications.
Moderate domestic and international travel may be necessary.
Please include a link to your portfolio.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Interaction Design, Visual Communications or Graphics Design (or related) required.
- 3-5 years in user experience/interface design (corporate or consultant). Product design experience preferred.
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates the process of user interface design, including: sketching, workflows, storyboards, user profiles and personas, wire-frames, and low- and high-fidelity prototypes.
- Adheres to interaction specifications, develops graphic assets, and delivers iterative design solutions for software development.
- Shows ability to follow User Interaction Specification Guidelines (UI logic/architecture) and update Graphic Guidelines (asset library).
- Must be able to work within a team as an advocate of the end user.
- Demonstrate how designs scale across multiple platforms (mobile, web, and product)
- Demonstrates how graphical user interfaces and product interfaces integrate.
- Proficient in MS Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe’s Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator) and prototyping software (Balsamiq, Axure, Visio, etc.).
- Great communication and presentation skills.
- Able to assist in Contextual/Ethnographic and/or Performance research.
- Ability to develop research methodologies and work alongside field researchers to understand and define project needs.
- Strong time and project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Self-starter, with the ability to thrive within a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to produce screen layouts in various levels of fidelity (paper prototypes to wireframes to interactive simulations) to support user testing.
- Design interfaces that reflect a consistent visual language as it relates to the target brand.
- Experience with HTML and web programming a plus.
- Experience working in an Industrial Design group a plus.
Main Job Duties:
- Create and communicate corporate UX strategies
- Develop design solutions that adhere to User Interaction specification guidelines.
- Develop design solutions that adhere to User Interface Graphic guidelines.
- Assist team (internally and externally) in developing research methodologies for end user testing.
- Update graphic assets for production.
- Produce Wireframes and interaction models for internal and external prototype testing.
- Create high resolution simulations for internal alignment and for user research.
- Works closely with Industrial Design counterparts in developing UI experiences that integrate with the product and overall design strategy.
- Able to conduct end user research when needed.
- Work closely with development teams (internally and externally) to execute UI strategy through production.
- Work closely with Marketing and Engineering through all phases of development
- Produce multiple concept directions of appropriate resolution to communicate options to the product and management teams.
- Work within a budget and schedule.
- Communicate regularly to senior management.
- Understand and keep relevant on all brand strategies and business objectives.
- Work with overseas counterparts to leverage best practices and coordinate when developing international product.