The Digital Customer Experience (DCX) team within TD's Digital Channels is responsible for the user experience of customer-facing (and increasingly employee-facing) digital touchpoints for banking, investing, and insurance, across websites, and smartphone, smartwatch and tablet apps.
The Design Research team within DCX enables evidence-based strategy and design decisions through the execution of human factors research methods and skillful communication of the latest findings.
The Design Researcher conducts user research and evaluation, enabling exceptional user experience across TD's digital touchpoints.
- Deep knowledge of and experience with User-Centered Design and Human Factors research methods
- Strong communications skills: written, oral, and graphical
- Strong project management skills with ability to balance tasks spanning multiple studies
- Knowledge of inferential statistics and familiarity with statistical analysis software (e.g., R, SAS, SPSS) is an asset
- Undergraduate degree is required (graduate degree preferred) in psychology, anthropology, computer science, industrial engineering, human factors, human-computer interaction or a related field
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Collaboration: working with experience strategists, designers, and business stakeholders to understand and support their research needs
- Research design: defining research questions, creating the research approach and participant recruitment plan, and selecting appropriate methods of data collection and analysis
- Research preparation: creation of participant screeners; recruiting from internal employee panels or working with vendors to recruit external participants; creating research protocols
- Data collection: conducting design research methods including observation/ethnography, diary studies, user interviews, usability testing, card sorting, etc.
- Analysis: utilizing qualitative and quantitative approaches to make sense of the data collected
- Reporting: translating findings into easily understandable insights used to drive ideation and inform design, in diverse formats including experience maps, usability test reports, etc.
Send resume and cover letters to: Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org