User Experience Specialist
(1 Full-Time Position in Massachusetts or DC Metro Area)
This Is Us
CommunicateHealth is a mission-based consulting company that helps public and private sector organizations simplify health information. We design healthcare services, personal health tools, public health and emergency communications, and innovative interactive media. We employ a talented team of plain language writers, designers, developers, and usability specialists dedicated to creating health information and services that are attractive and easy to use. We’re committed to making a difference in the world and in the lives of our employees. Check us out at www.communicatehealth.com.
This Is You
We are looking for a user experience geek with a strong interest in health communication and designing for behavior change. You are a creative thinker who enjoys solving information architecture and usability problems. You excel at translating user research findings into meaningful content strategy and product development. You are able to evaluate a variety of products — from full websites to web widgets to mobile apps. You enjoy working independently and collaboratively, have experience giving and receiving feedback, and have outstanding organization skills and attention to detail. You are passionate about making health information easier to understand and use.
Required Qualifications – UX Specialist:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as communication or human-computer interaction, information design, or other related social science
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience conducting usability research with diverse audiences
- Experience developing product requirements including site maps and wireframes
- Experience drafting client-facing reports and deliverables
- Experience working with graphic designers and web developers
In addition, all applicants are expected to:
- Have superb organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Be comfortable multi-tasking
- Work on tight deadlines with tight turnarounds
- “Think on their feet” and come up with creative and appropriate solutions
- Work well in teams with other highly-qualified professionals in a relaxed, culturally-diverse environment
- Present deliverables, such as wireframes and task flows, to clients
- Masters degree in a related field such as communication or human-computer interaction, information design, or other related social science
- Experience evaluating health content and tools
- Familiar with federal plain language guidelines and best practices
- Experience translating technical/medical information into plain language
- Experience developing products for audiences with limited (health) literacy skills
- Experience interacting directly with clients
- Support public health and healthcare organizations in developing easy-to-use digital products
- Define product requirements and specifications including developing site maps, annotated wireframes, and interactive prototypes
- Conduct web analytic assessments and heuristic usability reviews
- Assist with conducting usability and formative research with consumers and professionals
- Coordinate testing logistics, particularly for remote and field-testing activities
- Integrate user research findings into product development including journey maps, task flows, and functional specifications for prototypes
- Work with designers, writers, and developers on information architecture, user interaction, and content strategy recommendations
- Oversee and inform post-production quality control (QC) processes
This is a full-time salaried position. We offer highly competitive salaries and benefits.
CommunicateHealth is committed to workplace diversity and providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees.
As federal contractors, we are required to ask applicants to submit a voluntary Demographics form, at www.communicatehealth.com/company/contact/. No personnel selections are made based on this information.