You’ve got the passion. You’ve got the skills. Now you just need the right opportunity. At Wells Fargo, you’ll have the chance to join a team of intelligent and talented people who share the same values. Our diverse lines of business offer a world of opportunity to expand your capabilities and advance your career. We invest in our people and provide a supportive environment in which to learn and grow.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune’s 2015 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) is one of the company’s four main divisions. WIM businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wells Fargo Advisors (WFA): Wells Fargo Advisors operates the nation’s third-largest Brokerage business with over 15,000 Financial Advisors and 3,800 licensed bankers in retail stores across the U.S. Wells Fargo Advisors administer $1.4 trillion in client assets. Unprecedented choice and flexibility for Financial Advisors and their clients is provided through distinct business channels supported by established products, services and technology.
WFA’s Innovation and Strategy, User-Centered Design (UCD) Team is responsible for supporting financial advisor facing platforms and platforms that service internal team members. The E-Business Manager 2, Field-Focused Manager will report to the User-Centered Design (UCD) Manager within the Innovation & Strategy group at Wells Fargo Advisors.
The candidate selected will have direct reports and have associated leadership responsibilities such as team member development, work assignments, performance reviews, etc. In addition, the chosen individual will be responsible for contractor selection and have responsibility for posting, hiring, onboarding and ensuring contract resources drive to results and meeting service level expectations.
- 2+ years of leadership or management experience
- 2+ years of UI (User Interface) experience
- 1+ years of Agile experience
- 6+ years of e-business experience
- Ability to be proactive, innovative and creative in meeting customer and enterprise needs
- Ability to influence executive decision-making and successfully negotiate critical issue resolution related to program initiatives
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
- Knowledge and understanding of eBusiness capacity the investment industry
- Program and project management skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Experience with user centered design principles
- Experience driving and leading organizational change in a dynamic environment
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience effectively communicating design concepts with low and mid fidelity concepts (e.g., using Justinmind, Axure, Invision, etc.)
- Ability to effectively manage remote (i.e., geographically dispersed) relationships with UCD partners
- Ability to assess complex requirements and translate into design
- Previous managerial experience with direct reports
- Experience with ‘Design Thinking’ techniques (e.g., LUMA)
- Experience as an interaction and/or visual designer
- Deep understanding of Wells Fargo Advisors’ sales channels (i.e., PCG, WBS, etc.)
- Experience working in large, corporate work environments
The Field-Focused Manager will successfully execute the following responsibilities:
- Maintain timelines and deadlines for field-focused UCD projects
- Manage external design engagements for field-focused UCD projects
- Identify design improvement opportunities, including the ability to suggest appropriate design changes
- Become a knowledge expert on the overall workings/design of the field-facing systems
- Oversee the working relationship between interaction designers and outside partners such as development, architecture, etc.
- Oversee and help drive the strategic direction of the various field-focused experiences towards a next-generation experience
- Facilitate meetings that require strong negotiation measures while maintaining strong relationships
- Conduct user analysis and research using proven User-Centered Design techniques
- Contribute towards interaction design by creating wireframes of varying fidelity to communicate design concepts and ideas
- Remain on top of trends in the industry
- Partner with Client-Focused Manager to understand the impact between Client and FA Platform design standards
- Maintain a constant communication of portfolio of projects and associated impacts between Client and FA projects
The E-Business Manager 2, Field-Focused Manager role is located in St. Louis, MO. Remote work locations are not available for this position