Our UX Design Supervisor is a unicorn who can work in a highly technical field and has a bold, creative vision to help reimagine existing sites and dream up new ways to improve the user experience. The successful candidate is not afraid to take risks while utilizing user research as the foundation for building excellent Information Architecture, inspiring User Experience designs, and engaging User Interfaces.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a technology related or business field, or four years of education or training post-secondary level in a related field or four years of equivalent work in a related field.
- UX Certification, or two years of professional work in the UX/UI/Usability field.
- Two years of experience with HTML and CSS.
- One year supervisory experience.
What you will need:
- Proven ability working in environment with shifting priorities while managing tactical deliverables and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to maintain strong rapport with teammates and stakeholders from multiple business groups.
- Ability to creatively solve complex technical problems and translate technical requirements into a user-centric, web-based solution.
What we’d like you to have:
- Two years of Drupal theming experience.
- Familiarity with remote user studies, card sorting, eye tracking, surveys, participatory design, interviewing, usability testing, and A/B testing.
- Experience with user interface design patterns, standard User-Centered Design (UCD) methodologies, and Information Architecture (IA).
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and wireframing tools like InVision.
We offer a competitive salary starting at $70,000 and commensurate with experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and bus pass. Read more here: https://www.cu.edu/cu-careers/perks/cu-boulder
The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder: http://www.colorado.edu/about
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
- Please include a link to your webpage or portfolio on your resume or cover letter.