Your wild-eyed obsession is our good fortune. Yes, we’ll embrace your left brain and right brain superiority, your knack for making complex things simple, and your clean, modern aesthetic. No, we won’t make fun of you for needing things to be functionally and visually beautiful, or for your meticulous attention to detail. That’s because we know all of the above is what it takes to be an amazing UX Designer at PicMonkey.
We’re looking for an experienced UX Designer who loves building web products and has a serious passion for user-centered design. You enjoy solving tough design challenges together with other designers and developers, but you can also work independently. The ideal candidate is able to manage projects, make hard choices when necessary, and balance short-term execution with long-term vision.
- 7+ years experience in consumer software design, including information architecture and the ability to deconstruct complex workflows
- Self directed and able to work outside of a set plan, using experience and intuition to identify opportunities and make decisions
- Proactive and strategic problem-solving and project management skills
- Demonstrated creative skills, rock solid interaction design skills, the ability to generate compelling ideas, and a thorough understanding of design processes
- Experience driving large or complex features through the product development lifecycle
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; the ability to present and explain UX concepts and decisions to key stakeholders
- Mastery of design tools such as Sketch, Illustrator, and Photoshop; experience with prototyping tools a plus
- Communication style that focuses on collaboration and consensus building
- BA or MA in interaction design, communication design, product design, HCI, or equivalent
- Work with a cross-functional team to help define new features and product offerings, uniting user goals and business needs
- Champion high-priority UX needs so they’re properly prioritized on the roadmap
- Mock up ideas using tools like Sketch, Illustrator, InVision, or good old-fashioned pen and paper—it’s up to you
- Design user interaction, navigational hierarchies, and workflow models
- Imagine new ways people can use PicMonkey and continue to improve the product experience
- Work collaboratively with engineers and designers to iterate ideas and implement features
- Effectively communicate and manage UX projects from vision to release
- Create thorough specification documentation and high-quality visual assets
You’ll be a part of a supportive, collaborative team designing web experiences for a killer brand. You’ll work on a variety of things, from fun, small features to big-impact projects. You’ll explore new ways to help people wield technology for self expression. And you’ll have fun. Because that is a thing we do. You in?