Newell Brands is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Graco, Baby Jogger, Aprica, Goody, Irwin, Lenox, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Coleman, First Alert, FoodSaver, Jostens, K2, NUK, Oster, Rawlings, Sunbeam and Yankee Candle. Driven by a sharp focus on the consumer, leading investment in innovation and brands, and a performance-driven culture, Newell Brands helps consumers achieve more where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Design at Newell Brands:
We are focused on building an innovation engine co-driven by the creative team’s resident in the design center along with our Development partners in Marketing and R&D. As we move forward, our goal is to strengthen our design capability and maturity while simultaneously scaling our capacity.
We believe that Design comes from the minds of the Newell Brand’s employees as well as its customers and consumers. To that end, we actively stimulate collaboration, visualize opportunity and help propose product and package graphic concepts that are offered up via both formal and informal methodologies throughout the company. The Design team are the innovation agents who continually drive the development of better ideas and the processes which enable growth for Newell Brands.
As Senior User Experience Designer, you will work closely with the Design teams (Industrial Design, User Experience Research and Graphic Design) in Newell Brands Design Centers in Kalamazoo, MI and Hoboken, NJ. You will also be working closely with cross functional teams (Marketing, Engineering, Software Development, Program Management) in various locations and will be responsible for imagining, creating and documenting the user experience for digital products.
- Minimum: Masters of Science in Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction or related field.
Work Experience Requirements:
- 5+ years of relevant experience working as an Interaction Design professional in a corporate or consulting environment
- In depth knowledge of digital interface technologies and emerging technologies as they relate to user experiences
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Expert understanding of User Centered Design methodologies and strong core interaction design skills
- In depth interaction design and information architecture knowledge on various platforms – on product, web, mobile web, app – iOS & Android, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in team environments
- Proven ability to deliver winning, marketplace validated user experience design solutions
- Self-motivated and flexible; willing to learn new things
- Ability to work independently toward project goals and timelines with no direction
- Ability to occasionally travel and work internationally
- Technical Experience Requirements:
- MS Visio
- Adobe Creative Suite
- MS Office
- Axure and/or Omnigraffle
- Act as a primary interface with key divisions relative to interaction design
- Contribute to the overall vision and user interface solutions for current and future experiences from concept exploration to implementation
- Interpret and translate complex feature sets and technologies into simple and meaningful user experiences
- Work closely with Design counterparts to effectively deliver industry leading user experience solutions
- Contribute to planning and scoping of major programs
- Drive the ideation process and present broad directions for products based on user requirements
- Communicate the ideal user experience at various stages of the development process by creating compelling designs and expressing them visually and functionally via task analysis, information architecture, workflows, paper sketches, wireframes and prototypes
- Work closely with Marketing, Engineering and Design to develop and communicate UI design solutions through detailed UI behavior specifications
- Develop patterns and interaction design standards to be used across various products and product categories
- Participate in user centered research and apply findings to new product