We are an experience design agency with a relentless focus on the customer.
The way a customer experiences a brand has a profound impact on perception, purchase behavior and loyalty. That’s why our work begins and ends with our clients’ customers. We listen to them. Validate with them. We even include them in our experience design process. We do this to create experiences that are simpler, more useful, entertaining, and convenient. Our mission is to in some way change their lives for the better.
Today we’re 850 people in 12 offices on 4 continents.
We are thinkers. Makers. Do’ers. We speak a dozen different languages and are inspired by a million different things. But no matter what our discipline is or where we are in the world, we’re united by a common excitement for digital that’s absolute and contagious.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, with multidisciplinary backgrounds such as psychology, computer science, information sciences, human/computer interface design or commerce/business
- At least 2 years' related industry experience in new media, information technology, communications, or library/information science
- At least 1 years experience in the role of experience architect, user experience lead, information architect or information design lead
- Experience applying research and analysis to site development
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in a variety of written and diagrammatic forms
- Proven interpersonal skills, client relation skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Proven creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proven understanding of and experience with: user-centered design techniques; development of organizational/structural concepts for Web site; project processes for the development of large scale Web site projects; documentation requirements for Web development teams; application of content management, personalization, targeting and searching systems
- High proficiency in the use of MS Office, Visio and Internet browsers
- Thorough, detail-oriented and highly organized, plus ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Preferably, experience with: software development process/business analysis; user research, usability practices and testing
To apply, please send resume , portfolio link and/or wireframe samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The User Experience Architect plays an integral role in the development of our clients’ web sites. Working closely with all in-house teams involved in the Web development process, the User Experience Architect will contribute to the planning process of various Web sites by organizing information, developing Web site architectures, and developing labeling/search systems.
- Reviewing research on competitive Web sites, existing Web initiatives, past Web projects and consumer research
- Synthesize research findings to aid the project team developing the Web site architecture
- Collaborating with project team members and clients to develop organizational/structural concepts for Web site projects
- Translating concepts into effective information architectures
- Developing plans that production teams can use to help guide their work
- Collaborating on the development of labeling/search systems
- Preparing EA documentation (site architectures, wire frames, use cases and task flows, etc.) to be used by the production team
- Ensuring EA documentation is continuously updated and distributed to the production team
- Identifying and implementing opportunities to refine EA process