We are looking for a CX Usability Researcher who will act as a testing and research lead for projects across Ally Bank and Auto/Dealer Financial Services. In this role, you'll be a strategic and creative facilitator and researcher who performs discovery research, usability testing, user interviews, persona development, focus groups, field studies, user data analysis, competitive reviews and other related research. This role will ensure the innovation, quality and usability of UX Design as it relates to touch devices, websites, user interfaces, applications and digital marketing.
The Integrated Channels and Experience (ICE) team is responsible for the deployment and delivery of an end to end customer experience through our Digital and Customer Care Channels (e.g. phone, chat, email, desktop, mobile, etc.). ICE is a team of design, product management and business operations professionals who are responsible for the strategy, execution and ongoing support of Ally's consumer and dealer online and mobile channels. Team members work collaboratively across all Ally Lines of Business to develop policy, procedure and changes impacting customers, or those who service the customer in an effort to deliver a world-class customer experience.
- Bachelors in Communications, Human Factors Engineering, Usability/Research, or Business Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human Computer Science, Professional Writing or other related discipline, Masters preferred.
- Previous work experience in qualitative research experience spanning usability/lab testing, focus groups, ethnography, field studies, user recruitment, cognitive reviews, heuristic evaluations, persona development, diary studies, online surveys/testing
- Innovation/ideation/product development experience with a focus on user experience, understanding consumers/users, problem solving, organizing/conducting/analyzing quantitative or qualitative research, and recommending design-oriented solutions
- Experience researching and building products and features for mobile or desktop, native or web
- Excellent observational and analytical skills and the ability to visualize information effectively and tailor presentations to the audience.
- Ability to objectively present research results with a clear goal for making the user experience better
- Experience and passion for emerging technology with a high degree of technical aptitude and competency. Experience usability testing with touch devices is a plus
- Experience managing client relationships and complex deliverables.
- Proven ability to create processes that ensure quality and measurable results
- Must be articulate and inspire commitment to a higher standard
- Proven ability to balance business needs with customer experience
- A passion for user-centered design
Desired, but not required:
- Visual or interaction design skills, especially with an eye for system-level details
- HTML and CSS knowledge, current on latest responsive design techniques
- Experience in survey design or quantitative analysis Financial Services or Automotive Industry experience
- Execute customer research strategy, from ideation, planning, recruiting, design, conducting the research, analysis and reporting out
- Consult with product manager/business partners and design team members to develop a Discovery research plan for each project.
- Facilitate immersive discovery and/or ideation sessions for design and product teams
- Work with other Usability team members to develop personas and customer journey maps
- Collect and report out on discovery brainstorms and results to leadership
- Consult with teams to determine the correct mix of Usability research and methodology, and work collaboratively with UX to provide insight toward a design for testing
- Create usability test plans to deliver a best-in-class digital customer experience. Present to leadership for approval.
- Develop screeners and work with recruiting agency to recruit suitable participants
- Facilitate usability testing, focus groups, field research, interviews, etc.
- Analyze results and report out to teams/stakeholders
- Provide directional oversight of usability programs/research to ensure alignment to business objectives and act as subject matter expert for line of business
- Manage multiple line of business projects and competing priorities
- Develop scalable research and testing strategies for devices, sites, and interfaces
- Foster an innovative usability practice built upon trust, respect and collaboration
- Contribute to building an internal user research consulting practices that delivers insights of high relevancy that drives tangible business outcomes
- Work with other team members to manage the lab equipment, computers, devices and software, ensuring all are up to date and functional for testing
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs