Location US - CA - San Francisco
Job ID 27625
Esurance is hiring a User Research to join our Customer Experience team in our San Francisco, CA Corporate office. As the User Researcher you will drive the understanding of our users’ needs, behaviors, and motivations to influence the creation of innovative and intuitive experiences. Additionally, the User Researcher has primary responsibility for designing, conducting, evaluating and reporting on user-centered design research.
- 3-5 years practical experience developing and conducting test plans, performing analysis, and presenting findings.
- Demonstrated expertise in a variety of qualitative research methods.
- Experience running remote usability studies with the most up-to-date tools.
- Ability to conduct heuristic reviews of customer-facing applications.
- Ability to apply the right research-tools and methodologies to fit goals and constraints.
- Experience with agile usability and agile methodologies.
- Strong communication, problem-solving, facilitation and presentation skills.
Experience / Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Psychology, or a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience providing user research insights to improve eCommerce applications.
- Experience conducting qualitative research on mobile devices.
- Creates research proposals and plans for usability testing (in person and remote) and other qualitative research, including ethnography/field research, concept testing, surveys, diary studies, task analysis, and benchmarking studies.
- Leads user research planning, execution, analysis and reporting.
- Applies research methodologies to validate new designs and evaluate existing ones.
- Leads research participant recruiting efforts by creating a database of customers, potential customers, and managing third party vendors when necessary.
- Works with other researchers, designers, product managers and developers to resolve user issues.
- Identifies usability successes and prioritize usability problems.
- Summarizes user research key points and communicate findings to design teams in an agile environment.
- Finds creative and compelling ways to present and evangelize research insights throughout the organization in order to help inform and cultivate design improvements for users.