We’re looking for a passionate Creative Lead to join our User Experience team and focus on defining compelling hardware product experiences in our Consumer Electronics Division. Someone who’s excited to Focus on product hardware control and feedback consistency and has a desire to drive the development of clear design patterns related to visual, audible, and tactical inputs and outputs. We need a strategic and creative thinker who cares about building strong relationships inside and outside the design studio and can work closely with a business category to champion compelling product experiences. An individual who can supply individual projects with thoughtful leadership while not losing sight of the broader goal to create integrated experiences across products. If you thrive in a collaborative and innovative environment, and revel in challenging the status quo, then please keep reading!
WHO WE ARE
We are capable and curious individuals who champion a human-centered approach to problem solving, always striving to put our customers first. Our work reaches and delights millions of people daily. We are professionals skilled in multi-faceted UX design creation who recognize that developing amazing experiences is a team effort. We obsess over the details and derive satisfaction in creating the best hardware, software, and mobile application experiences for our customers.
WHO ARE YOU?
You have the big picture in mind. Always.
You think about the individual design requirements and implementation, but constantly consider the experiences across multiple products.
You can assess a team’s user needs analysis and proposed user workflows and recognize what needs to be done to ensure continuity in the design language of our products.
You know how to obsess over the details that matter and compromise where it makes sense.
You get it done
You highlight the problems others don’t notice and help teams drive to solutions quickly.
You are capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing your own work, as well as helping team members do the same.
You can create a vision for others to want to follow and balance the ideal state with a pragmatic approach to development.
You want to be part of a team
You are comfortable navigating new, sometimes overlapping, spaces with your peers and negotiating solutions with a consistent voice to the team.
You enjoy engaging with cross-disciplinary team members and value diverse perspectives.
You can effectively communicate a design need to varying audiences.
You want feedback and recognize the necessity of working together to get a product out the door.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in human factors engineering, User Interface/Interaction Design, HCI, Behavior Sciences or a related field, with several years of related work experience.
- An online portfolio that demonstrates strong experience in creating concepts and detailing a project vision and prioritized hardware experience design requirements.
- You are highly capable using the tools of our trade including Sketch, Zeplin, InVision, PowerPoint/Keynote, Illustrator, and learning new tools as they arise to get a job done.
- Extensive experience in working directly with engineers and leading complex discussions in UX design.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Incredible time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Understanding of multi-modal interaction design and the development of clear design patterns
- Hands-on experience designing consumer electronics products
- Master's or equivalent degree in Design, HCI, or related field, or equivalent professional experience in the design field
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation, including both a 401k and pension plan (Yes, pensions still exist!)
- Generous benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- A culture that recognizes the importance of your life and learning outside the walls of Bose. – with financial support to continue your education
- Co-workers who want you to succeed, because your success is our success.
- Management which focuses on removing road blocks, enabling and growing individuals, and championing the work of the team.
- An atmosphere where failure is seen as an opportunity to grow, taking risks is encouraged, and respect is paramount.
Bose is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. For additional information, please review: (1) the EEO is the Law Poster (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplemen...); and (2) its Supplements (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm). Please note, the company's pay transparency is available at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingL.... Bose is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Wellbeing@bose.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.