The UX Researcher on the Consumer Insights team is responsible for supporting qualitative user research initiatives that inform critical decisions for current and future Consumer Reports digital products. S/he will work closely with cross-product teams to design and execute exploratory field studies with users. Additionally, s/he will plan, select, and conduct usability analyses in the field or using remote tools. This person will draw upon their knowledge of design principles to conduct various types of methods -- identifying key issues that are likely to arise within and across our products.
The User Experience Researcher will play a crucial role in enhancing ConsumerReports.org across all devices and mobile apps. S/he will help evaluate early stage concepts to help establish direction and assess the effectiveness of digital products as they are being developed. This person will participate in helping promote the value of UX research and thoughtful design through session observations, findings presentations, and outreach to the larger UX community. The ideal candidate is driven by the desire to be a user advocate and is passionate about gathering insights based on direct observation to create products that are intuitive, engaging, and satisfying.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience
- Minimum 2 years in digital user experience research in a business setting
- Experience conducting in-depth personal interviews
- Superior verbal and written presentation skills to communicate clear, concise findings and actionable recommendations to designers, engineers, project managers, and executives
- Familiarity with online tools such as Usertesting.com
- Experience with Design Thinking and Jobs to Be Done methods
- Experience working with digital platforms is a must
- Experience conducting surveys and other research projects is a plus
- Works collaboratively with Associate Director, Sr. Consumer Experience Researcher and project stakeholders in digital (product managers, designers, engineers) to define research goals and create research plans
- Participates in user research-related workshops and exercises with digital product teams, explaining the results and rationale behind proposed design changes
- Conducts research using a wide variety of techniques including in-person interviews, remote testing, field research, etc.
- Conduct in-depth analyses of research results and works closely with relevant teams to design and/or modify digital products accordingly
- Monitors site satisfaction metrics to inform and enhance user research
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/36krdnskwnp68dpv