At CNC Software, Inc., our mission is to create software and services that solve the world’s manufacturing challenges. Our software, Mastercam, developed and supported by our talented team, is the most widely used CAM software in the world. Headquartered in Tolland, CT, we are a culture that embraces remote work, with twenty percent of our team working from their home office in United States as well as in offices in Switzerland and China. As the industry leader, we strive to innovate, and we partner with our resellers and customers to make the impossible, well, possible.
As a privately held, family-owned business, our culture is shaped by our concern and care for each other and our community. Our work environment reflects this care, with exceptional benefits and services you would expect of an industry leader [on-site fitness center, walking paths, employee gardens, bicycle shop, kitchen facilities] which are supported by geothermal heating/cooling and solar arrays which power the majority of our utility consumption. As a Top Workplace, [#1 Mid-size Company 2018 http://www.courant.com/business/top-workplaces/hartford], our focus has always been on creating a workplace that embodies the family-friendly values we hold, and which, well, doesn’t feel like “work”, but more like a place that you want to be. If you have a passion for your work, an inquisitive nature, and a pride in exceeding the expectations others have set for you – then CNC may just be the place you have been looking for.
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work exp. in user experience, systems design, computer science or related field.
- Minimum 7 years of UX/UI design experience for complex cross-platform software applications.
- A strong portfolio that displays a complete understanding of the design lifecycle, from conceptual design through to production, via a wide array of deliverables such as empathy maps, task analysis and flows, journey maps, wireframes, mockups, and production versions of final designs.
- Experience designing solutions for complex engineering problems, preferably in the CAD/CAM market.
- Experience with a variety of software packages including Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, TechSmith Morae Manager, and UX specific wireframing tools such as Axure RP.
- Understanding of designing for disabilities, including knowledge of Section 508 ADA requirements.
- Experience designing for an international audience.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to simplify and explain abstract concepts.
- Must submit portfolio of previous work to be considered for this position.
CNC Software, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
We are an E-Verify Employer.
We are looking for a Senior User Experience Designer who will primarily be responsible for creating navigation structures and information designs, as well as constructing prototypes, storyboards, and mockups to effectively communicate designs to product management and development. The role depends greatly on user-centered design research and usability testing to guide their designs. The candidate will possess the ability to create visual designs for desktop software, websites, and mobile applications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist product management & feature teams in defining functional interaction requirements specifications.
- Assist in the development of user interface design documentation, standards, and patterns.
- Manage user exp. design documentation repositories including UI standards, personas, workflows & research data.
- Present and defend design assets, workflows, and prototypes to peers and stakeholders.
- Develop mockup / prototype interaction designs, including user interaction models, information architecture, wireframes, and screen flows.
- Work with teammates to conduct customer studies of mockups, prototypes, and existing interfaces; and iterate designs based on usability test results.
- Lead user-centered design activities to synthesize ideas, define problems, clarify solutions, and explicate rationale.
- Assist in review of analytical data including runtime intelligence, user surveys, and usability tests to get a clear understanding of user needs for upcoming designs.
- Generous compensation package
- Voted Top Workplace for Outstanding Benefits in 2018
- Generous PTO and holiday package
- Onsite gym and paved walking trail
- Subsidized catered lunches
- Casual work environment
- Composting program and employee gardens
- Hybrid vehicles as company cars
- Remote work capability
- Parental leave program