About the Company:
Leesa is an innovative, fast-growing e-commerce mattress brand that is challenging the traditional players in the industry with our premium mattress designs, superior customer service and social impact in communities all around the world. Our mission is simple, to help people sleep better.
As a proud certified B-Corporation, we at Leesa measure our success as much by looking at our impact on the world as we do by our revenue and profit. Our Social Impact program has 3 separate initiatives: we donate mattresses, we plant trees, and we support our local communities. It’s a deep-rooted program that is the heart and soul of our company. Since 2014, Leesa has donated over 30,000 mattresses to serve homeless and at-risk men, women, and children at every stage of their transition to better lives.
This position requires commitment to embrace the company’s culture through the alignment of personal behaviors with the company’s core values and full participation in the company’s social impact initiatives.
We’re looking for a Digital Product Designer who understands the intricacies of brand, visual design and UX to help us build intuitive and delightful human-centered experiences. You look at the wholistic customer journey and find solutions to make their e-commerce experience efficient, easy, and engaging. You are the champion for the customer and bring Leesa’s digital strategy to life through concepting, wireframes, prototypes, and visual design. You must be comfortable doing the dual role of UX and Visual Designer. Reporting to the Vice President Design & Creative, you will be working collaboratively across disciplines with product managers, developers, brand marketers, and data analysts.
- Bachelor’s degree in a design focused discipline
- 4+ years’ experience designing and shipping end-to-end digital experiences with an emphasis on responsive and mobile experiences
- Careful attention to detail around aesthetics and usability
- Experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with customers and cross-functional teams
- Passion for brand, strong visual and graphic design skills for e-commerce and mobile applications
- An expert in creating quality deliverables using tools like Sketch, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite, and more
- Knowledge and capabilities of front-end web technologies such as HTML, Java Script and CSS
- Experience working in-house for an e-commerce business embedded within design teams
- Flexible and adaptive working style in an entrepreneurial atmosphere
- Portfolio of UX-focused work samples for e-commerce and mobile experiences
- Put yourself in the shoes of the Leesa customer first and foremost
- Lead the UX design of Leesa’s online experiences
- Create well executed beautiful digital experiences through exceptional visual and interaction design across Leesa’s digital touchpoints
- Help to define and optimize the ecommerce experience through the design of new features and validate design decisions through usability testing
- Collaborate with Brand Marketing to tell amazing stories and express the Leesa brand through animation, imagery, video, photography, and illustration
- Quickly prototype new features through storyboards, mockups, and prototypes using both low-fidelity techniques like pen and paper as well as, high fidelity tools like Invision, Principle, Flinto, Adobe After Effects, etc.
- Present design ideas to various project stakeholders and senior leadership
- Collaborate with product managers and business stakeholders to use site data, marketing, and user research to optimize existing experiences
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented